Saturday, July 23, 2011

What do you run on when the fumes run out??

It's 3:46am.
Why in the world am I typing something at this hour, you ask?? Good question.
Because I'm up, and I can't go back to sleep. Everyone else in my house is currently asleep, two of them in my bed. The other is in her car seat next to me, and I'm watching her to make sure she's not spitting up and getting choked again. Poor baby sleeps so peacefully during the day, but her nights are full of fussing and fidgeting. She just started her antacid meds yesterday, so hopefully they'll help, although so far I'm not impressed...
We go back to the doctor in a few hours for them to stick her foot again to check her bilirubin (jaundice) levels. Yesterday they were at 17.5. 20 is hospital time, so we're hoping they're coming down. Not looking forward to this little trip, especially since it'll just be the two of us. I guess we lucked out (read: were VERY blessed) with Abigail--she's been healthy as a horse except for the occasional cold and allergies. I hate it when my baby is sick and it seems like I can't do anything to help her. Please pray for Julianne, that she'll start improving and feeling better soon. And, if you wouldn't mind, pray for me, too. I haven't slept in days, and it's beginning to show...:)
And let me just say again how thankful we are for all of our wonderful family and friends!! The phone calls, cards, and visits mean so much to all of us and are greatly appreciated!! Love y'all!!

2 comments:

  1. The simple answer to your post question:

    Faith - I'm sure you've already got that one figured out, though! :)

    Love you - it will get easier. Remember the beautiful story of Footsteps, I think of it often - knowing that there is certainly only one set at times, especially over the past year for me. He has definitely carried us all. (Hang in there - caffeine helps, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen! You're right, of course, I just hate seeing my baby sick. :( Hopefully we'll get it worked out soon...Love you, too!

    ReplyDelete