Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lately...

...things have been, well, chaotic.
I've taken a little "technology break" for about a week or so to sort of disconnect from certain things, but it hasn't been much of a break in any other ways. We've been going back and forth to Lake Charles several times a week to get Julianne's bilirubin levels checked, as her jaundice still isn't completely gone. Her levels have sort of fluctuated lately, so she's had to have her poor little heels stuck so many times lately--no fun, for her or for Momma, who has to hold her while they do it. Hopefully, today was the last time. Let me rephrase that--today was the last time. If we have to go back, we'll be doing something different. It's time for my baby to be getting better. She's still dealing with the reflux and colic, as well. The meds she has have helped some, but the side effects aren't great. I just hope she can get lined out soon. We're so tired of her feeling bad, and I know she is, too.

I know these things aren't really huge, and lots of parents have much more difficult things to deal with, but I think that any Mommas (and Daddys) out there would agree that, whatever the situation, it's hard having a sick baby and not being able to do anything to make them better.

Abigail is, well, still Abigail!! She's such a sweet, attentive big sister!! She just dotes on Julianne and wants to hold her and do everything for her. I think she's starting to settle in for the most part and get used to having another Princess in the house. She still cracks us up all the time with the random (and genius) things she comes up with!! I really need to get better about writing them down so I won't forget them. You never know what is going to come out of that mouth!!

Hopefully things will start to line out around here, and the next post will be a happy update on how well Julianne is doing!! Until then, please continue to pray for my sweet girl, that she'll feel better and be able to eat and rest well. Thank y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment