Well, this Momma decided a few days ago that it was time for the potty training to commence.
When my child can tell me in detailed, complete sentences exactly what is in her diaper and what I need to do with it, it's time.
We only had a few diapers left yesterday, and Momma decided we weren't buying any more.
(I reserve the right to change my mind about that.)
So, armed with 5 pair of big girl princess panties, a new singing princess potty, special snacks, and a good bit of determination, we began.
She did pretty good yesterday, and even better this morning! She even gave Momma a BIG surprise in the potty this morning, which brought on the ice cream and EXTREME potty dancing!! (Of course, she later gave me a BIG surprise in her bathing suit on her swing set--lovely.) I'm trying to be patient, which is not in my nature, but I KNOW she can do it. I figure the next few days will be completely horrible, and then maybe she'll have gotten the hang of it...hope I'm right!! Right now, we're staying close to the potty and doing lots of dancing, praising, and snacking!! Whatever it takes!!
Like I said, whatever it takes.
No comments:
Post a Comment