Wow!! What a weekend!! These past few weeks have been pretty rough around our house, and this Momma was more than ready for a 4 day weekend to "rest" and "recuperate". Between work, potty training, and psycho hormones, it's been a tad stressful for us all.
Little did I know what the weekend would have in store...
Friday wasn't too bad, especially since it didn't include work! MyMy even came and took Abigail to the park so Momma could do some last minute Easter/grocery shopping in peace! (It was pretty wonderful to know that none of the screaming children in Wal-Mart were mine!) Saturday morning was going to involve yardwork and housework, and a little bit of cooking, too!
And, that lasted all of about 5 minutes. Isn't there a saying about the "best laid plans"?? Yeah, I thought so. Justin didn't get two rows mowed before the lawnmower broke. And by broke, I mean BROKE. As in, Daddy can't fix it. He tried. Meanwhile, in the kitchen, I had just put my delicious Strawberry Cream Cheese Swirl Pound Cake in the oven, only to look over and find the cream cheese laying on the counter. As in, not in my cake. And then, the cake came out a tad more "done" than I would've preferred. It wasn't burnt exactly, just too browned. :(
My nerves had already been shot the previous week, just one of those "one thing after another" times, so it didn't take much to get the tears going...
The only thing that saved the day was that we had a date planned for Saturday night!
Planned is maybe not the best word. I asked MyMy to keep Abigail so we could go somewhere--that was the extent of the planning! It was wonderful, though, once we finally got around to it! Yummy Greek/Lebanese food, a peaceful meal, a little random shopping, and some hand holding--a perfect night, if you ask me!!
A wonderful church service on Sunday morning, followed by a delicious lunch and a little Easter egg hunt rounded off the day! Poor Abigail was worn out after such a busy weekend!
And then it was off again this morning to Lake Charles for a little bloodwork to make sure Miss Julianne is doing okay! I can't believe we'll get to meet her in only a few short months!! I, for one, am SO ready!! This pregnancy has gone really well, especially given the circumstances, so I'm not complaining one bit!! I just can't wait to meet my littlest princess!! A big thanks to MeMe for keeping Abigail this morning, and for the new PINK clothes for Julianne!! MyMy and I enjoyed a little sister time, which we don't get very often anymore!!
Now, to get ready for another long work week...
Here are a few pics from Easter Sunday...
You can tell by my face what kind of week it's been...
She was a girl on a mission!!
She found them all--about 4 times!!
Snuggled up with Daddy--so tired after a long day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment