We've had a wonderful weekend here at the Slaydon homestead, especially compared to the tragedy and heartbreak of last weekend! All 11 of our biddies are looking great and just eating and pooping their little hearts out! Abigail finally got to hold one today, and she was just lovin' and huggin' on that poor thing! Thank goodness it didn't poop on her, or we'd never hear the end of that! I don't even want to think of what the biddie poops like...;)
This afternoon was just beautiful, so we opened up the house to let some fresh air in!
Miss Priss took a good nap (while Momma and Daddy tended to the biddies), and she was rarin' to go when she did wake up! We played outside on the swing and in the playhouse, rode the 4-wheeler (sorry, Aunt Deb!), and collected 2 eggs from the zebra chickens!
It was a nice, relaxing afternoon in preparation for what will likely be a very busy and eventful week! We go on Tuesday for our next appointment, and it looks like we'll be finding out just what kind of Baby Slaydon we'll be getting--if he or she cooperates, that is! As long as I can see the little nugget and hear that heartbeat, I'll be just fine! That's all that I need to know!!
Stay tuned for updates on the chickens and the nugget :)--it's quite the farm around here these days!!
No comments:
Post a Comment