Thursday, February 24, 2011

One Sick Little Ladybug...

It has been a rough week for my ladybug!
First, she crashes and burns off the porch on her tricycle on Monday.
Then, she wakes up with fever and vomiting Tuesday morning.
Yesterday wasn't much better, and last night was pretty horrible...
She's never kept a fever for this long, and you can tell she just feels awful.
I called the clinic first thing this morning to see if I needed to bring her in, but they ended up calling in something. Ironically, this morning when I talked to the nurse, her nose was running clear. Of course this afternoon, after we've already gotten the meds, it changes colors. Figures.
She didn't have much of a fever this morning, thank goodness, but it seems to be steadily climbing this afternoon. It just hasn't been a good day.
All she wants is to be held and loved on, which is fine by me, but I just wish that would make her well! Poor baby has just been miserable all week, and I can tell she wants to feel better, but it's just not happening yet.

This is a pretty good picture of how she's been feeling:


On a separate note, since I'm sure everyone's so curious, the zebra chickens have been laying lots of eggs for us lately! We got three today, and that's pretty good considering how young they are! They're laying everyday, which is good, and hopefully they'll keep up the good work!
Sadly, we've only got 8 biddies left. We've lost three, and we're not too sure why. Hopefully the rest of the sisters will hang in there and make it through!

Please pray for my girl, that she will feel better and be able to rest well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment