Well, we were all home today due to the lovely weather that's hit us, so we had to find some sort of entertainment, since the snow didn't show!
Daddy was supposed to leave for his final hunting trip of the season, but he wisely decided to wait til in the morning to go. They (finally) closed our office, so we had a fun little family day at the house!
Nobody got out of their pj's all day, which was nice, and we just snuggled in for a good day!!
On another note, I'd just like to let everyone know that we have had a miracle at our house today--no lie.
Two nights ago, Justin told me that one of Abigail's fish was missing. We looked high and low in the little 5 gallon tank, but could not find it anywhere. We even checked outside on the floor, in case it committed fish-icide. No sign of the little fella.
So we cleaned out the tank, in case it was dead and rotting somewhere we couldn't see it.
Notice how I said "cleaned out the tank", as in, took everything out, drained the water, cleaned the gravel, etc. We filled it back up, put the fish back in, and hooked it up.
We finally decided that it must've died (either by natural causes or was attacked--no idea) and been eaten by it's buddies. What a way to go!! Poor pink fish.
Last night, I fed the three surviving fish, who all appeared to be healthy.
This morning, after breakfast, Justin was gazing at the fish tank as I was paying bills.
(Story of my life.)
All of a sudden, he said, "Babe--there's four fish in there!!" If he wouldn't have sounded so excited, I wouldn't have even turned around, but I assumed his old decrepit eyes were playing tricks on him, so I felt the need to calm his nerves. (Like my eyes are any better--I can't see my hand in front of my face on a good day...)
I turned around and looked and only saw three fish, so I told him that. He said, "No, look behind that grass, there's FOUR fish!!"
Sure enough, pink fish came back.
We have no idea where it's been or what happened to it, but the fish is back!!
All we can figure is it was hiding under the gravel or under the base of the tank somehow, but I'm telling ya--we cleaned it OUT. For 30 minutes!! Checked the tank. Looked at the grass and rocks and stuff. Rinsed out the gravel. No fish. Then today, fish.
It's a miracle!!
No comments:
Post a Comment