As most of you know by now, my sweet girl is going to have a sweet little sister in a few more months!! I'm a little over 20 weeks right now, which means we're over halfway there!!
I think that a lot of people were sort of expecting/hoping that we'd be getting a little boy this time. I didn't really have any strong inklings one way or another, but I felt like Justin really wanted a boy. ('Cause all men do, right?!) He kept telling me we were having another girl, but I kinda hoped, mostly for his sake, that it would be a boy...
Not so much.
And the more I've thought about it, the better I like it!!
I'm so glad that Abigail will have a sister to grow up with, play with, confide in, and teach things to. She is going to be the best big sister!!
I don't know what in the world I'd do without my sister, and I'm so pleased that Abigail will have that same person in her life. I can't think of anything sweeter than sisters!
On a funny note, we were talking about the reality of having two girls on the way home from the doctor a few weeks ago. Justin got kinda quiet and wondered aloud if we could make another girl as beautiful as Abigail. We just looked at each other and laughed, hoping we hadn't used up all of our "cute" on the first one!
(Surely not!)
So, at least for the time being, the carrying-on-of-the-Slaydon-family-name responsibility will fall to the last male Slaydon.
So--Good Luck, Josh!!
No pressure or anything.
And welcome to the family, Julianne Kaye!!
We can't wait to meet you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment