Having 2 girls with "long" names, I get a lot of "What do y'all call her?", "Does she have a nickname?" Some people call Abigail "Abbie", but that's pretty much it. Justin and I call them by their full names, and the only "nickname" we've ever used is "Sister". We use it with both girls, and sometimes Abigail will refer to Julianne or herself as "Sister". We figured we'd just let them call each other whatever they wanted, and try not to really influence them. Julianne is just jabbering away now, and she's really started talking more (and more clearly) this last week or so. She will sometimes say "Abbie" and point (or kick or yell) in Abigail's general direction. A few days ago, she started saying something, and it took me a few minutes to figure it out. She was calling Abigail "Sissy". Most of you know that was what everyone called my Momma instead of her first name, Elizabeth. We've never called the girls Sissy, only Sister. Julianne came up with that on her own, I guess. Or maybe she had a little help. :) Either way, I think it just might stick.
No comments:
Post a Comment