I'm sitting here in the quiet of early Christmas morning, with the only lights on coming from the Christmas tree, waiting for Justin to get home from work so we can wake up the girls and see if Santa came. I'm reminded of so many Christmases before...most happy, a few sad (both my Momma and my PawPaw Brown passed away in December), one I don't remember (I had my wisdom teeth out one year), I know once again how blessed I am. Growing up, Christmas was always, for lack of a better word, Magical. My Momma always loved Christmas, and she always made sure it was special for us. It wasn't about the presents (though I'm sure I enjoyed them at the time!) but it was about being together, spending time with family, and celebrating Jesus' birthday. So many of my Christmas mornings were spent in DeQuincy, at Granny and PawPaw's house. We would go the night before to the candlelight service on Christmas Eve, then come home and have a slumber party while we waited for Santa. I remember one particular Christmas when we could hear the reindeer's bells right outside the window!! (Huh, MyMy?!) Somehow Santa always knew we were at Granny's, and you could barely get near her perfectly decorated tree for all the presents!! We girls would sort them out (when we got older) and watch as everybody opened their gifts. So many memories, too many to fit in one post(or two or three)!! Now that I have my girls, I want it to be the same for them--so special and blessed!! Some traditions we'll keep, and we'll start some of our own. I want them to know WHY we celebrate Christmas, that it's Jesus' birthday, and that He was born to save us from our sins. But I also believe in Santa, and I want them to feel that excitement and anticipation of his arrival as well. It's a big job for a Momma, trying to fit all that in, but I'm sure gonna give it a shot!! I had a great teacher, and I just hope I can do as good a job as she did!
Merry Christmas to all of you who take the time to read this little blog! I'm sure sometimes you may think I'm crazy, or long-winded, or both, but I hope what you get most from my posts is how much I love my girls, my family and friends, and my Lord. I am so ridiculously blessed!
I pray that God ridiculously blesses all of you this Christmas, and throughout the new year!! Lots of love from our little home to yours!!
Amy,
ReplyDeleteYour mom would be so proud of what a good mother, wife, and woman you are. I am sure this time of year is especially harder for you that others but know that she is in heaven attending Jesus' birthday party right now! Just keep your faith and keep moving forward. Love you ma'am!!
I remember those jingle bells!
ReplyDelete