Before you go to getting defensive on me, please hear me out. EVERY day is a new day, a new chance to get it right! We don't have to wait for January to roll around to make a positive change in our lives. And if we mess up on January 21st, there's no reason we can't start fresh on January 22nd, or February 11th, or whatever. Every day that the good Lord wakes you up is a new opportunity to be awesome! I'm not making a resolution this year, but I do have some goals that I will be working on. I have confidence that I will be able to accomplish them, even though they will require time, effort, and determination. Pretty much anything that's worth anything does. But oh, isn't the reward so much sweeter when you've worked hard for it?!
I spent the last day of this year shopping with my sister, and I had a BLAST. Mainly because I was with my sister, who is hands-down one of my most very favorite people on this earth. Really, she's the best. We went to spend my Christmas money/gift cards on some much-needed new clothes. I cannot tell you the last time I enjoyed shopping for clothes. Literally, I can't even remember such a time. I fought back tears the whole way home, not because I'm in a tiny size or that I'm even close to where I want to be. It was because of how far I've come. Because I've worked my butt off, made sacrifices, and kept going even when I wanted to quit. When I started this part of my "journey", I was wearing an XL shirt, and even those were getting a little too tight. Today, I bought these:
Now that may not be a big deal for some, but it is HUGE for me! 2 sizes-top and bottom-since September. I'm not bragging, but I am proud. Nobody made me get fat, I did that. (Well, my kids helped, but you know what I mean.) By the same token, nobody can make me lose weight. It has to be my decision, my effort, my choices. I am the only one responsible for me. I had to make up my mind, and honestly, that was the hardest part. Once I got my mind made up, can't nobody stop me! There is no magic pill, no secret formula, no special plan. Hard work and determination. You get out of it what you put in. Simple as that. And that medium shirt feels so good! I'm about halfway to my goal (size-wize). You catch that--halfway. As in, not the whole way. As in, getting it done. All today did was make me more determined to meet my goal. Progress is progress, however slow it is. And I'm proud of my progress!
Whatever your goals or plans for the new year are, do something that makes you feel good about YOU! Nobody can nor will do it for you. Whatever it is, make up your mind and DO IT. It may not be easy, but it will definitely be worth it!!
Happy New Year, Y'all!
Good job, Amy! I love hearing and seeing when people I know stick to their weight loss goals and get results! Very encouraging!
ReplyDelete