Tuesday, July 8, 2014
7
You know that feeling that you get sometimes, like you can't wipe the smile off your face? Not that everything is perfect and sunshine and rainbows all the time, but just that realization of how blessed you really are? That's kinda where I'm at right now. Yesterday marked 7 years that Justin and I have been married. In some ways, it seems like just yesterday, but (in a good way) it seems like we've been "us" forever. Like everyone else, our marriage hasn't been perfect, but I can honestly say that there has been WAY more good than bad. We just kind of fit each other, and I like to think that we usually bring out the best in each other. Like I've mentioned a trazillion times, we've really had a great time this summer, mostly because we've been able to spend lots of time together as a family. We've gotten to do things that we usually don't have time for, including just hanging out and relaxing. Yesterday for our anniversary, we decided to celebrate a little differently. Nana and PawPaw kept the girls for us overnight, for which we are eternally grateful. (For all the family time we've been having, that was the first time we've actually gotten to spend some "alone" time this summer. Much needed and appreciated!) Instead of going out to eat and trying to find a movie to watch or something to do, my sweet husband had an even better idea: let's just stay home. Who knew I'd have the best seafood dinner I've had in a long time right here in Cole Central?! Grilled lobster, shrimp, and redfish with fresh squash and zucchini! It was amazing. Really. Got to swim and relax in the pool without throwing the big one in the air or holding the small one because she doesn't want to wear her floaties. Then we pulled the recliners into the middle of the living room and rented a couple of movies, ate popcorn and held hands. It really was a perfect night. My favorite anniversary date so far. Still smiling. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment