I have really been missing Grannie Doris lately. I just love that lady. I still catch myself picking up the phone to call and check on her, or wanting to fix her a plate or bring her supper. It's hard to believe she's gone, but she's still with us in so many ways. Grannie loved ALL of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren so much. She loved to love on those babies, big and small, and they all loved her back. Grannie was one of the few people that Julianne would tolerate kissing and loving on her. Julianne never once fussed when Grannie would hold her, which made Grannie so proud! They had a special bond, as did she and Abigail.
The sweetest thing happened this morning on the way to church.
We were cruising along listening to the radio, and the girls were talking and playing in the back seat. "Precious Memories" came on, which always makes me think of Grannie. I started to sing along but had to stop and wipe my eyes when I heard Julianne singing loudly from the back seat. I turned to look at her and she just smiled so sweet and kept singing and swaying. She was singing for her Grannie. My heart filled up so much it started running out of my eyes. She may be too little to remember much about Grannie, but she has her in her heart, which is the most important thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment