Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Nicknames and such...

Well, I guess I'll begin this post with another apology for taking so long to post anything! Things have been really busy around here--mostly in a really good way--and it's been tough to sit down and collect my thoughts for a few minutes! And with all this crazy weather we've had lately, we've been enjoying the last few days of nice weather OUTSIDE!! If it weren't for those stinkin' mosquitoes...UGH!! Anyhoo...

The girls, as usual, are keeping us on our toes!! Miss Abigail is just entirely too big for her britches!! I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do when she gets in school. There is really no telling what she will say and do. I wonder if there's a limit to how many times per day her teacher can call?? :) She is just too funny, and quick!! I wish I could write down all of the hilarious things she comes up with, because there is just no way I can remember everything!! She is a mess!!

And Miss Julianne is just growing like a weed!! She is almost 9 months old already--where has the time gone?! She still doesn't have a tooth in her head, but she is eating everything in sight!! She loves bacon, eggs, peas, red beans & rice, baked potatoes...and the list goes on!! My little piggy! And she is talking up a storm!! She's pretty much mastered "Da-da" and "Ma-ma", and she says "Hey!" all the time!! We've been pretty curious as to what she will call her big sister. If you know Abigail very well, you know she will tell you very quickly that her name is Abigail. She tolerates people calling her "Abbie" (though not her Daddy and me), but if you ask her if that's her name she will say, "No, I'm Abigail." She will also inform you that her sister's name is Julianne, not some shortened version of it! She's pretty funny about nicknames, that kid! Which is funny, because the last few days, Julianne has been saying, "Abba" when referring to her big sister. I asked Abigail tonight if it was okay if Julianne called her "Abba", and she said, "Yes, Julianne can call me that, but nobody else can!" We'll see if it sticks, but I'd be willing to bet Abigail will have Sister practicing saying her full name here pretty soon! And Julianne's a fast learner, so it may just work out!! Two smart girls we have around here, I tell ya! They are a mess, but they're mine and I love 'em to pieces!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment