I know that I have so much to be thankful for, every day day of the year, but given that today is a day especially set apart for remembering my many blessings, I thought I'd list just a few things here.
I am SO very thankful for my Savior, my Father, my Lord. I am so thankful that he saved a wretch like me. His grace is truly Amazing.
I am so thankful for my little family. I remember praying as a teenager that God would send me a man who fit all the little criteria in my mind of what a good husband and father should be. He far exceeded my silly little list when He sent me Justin. Our journey has not always been easy, but it was what got us to where we are now. Our marriage is not perfect, and we have our rough times, but I am so thankful to have him as my husband. He is my love, my friend, my helper, and the BEST Daddy my two girls could ever have. I'm so blessed to have his last name.
(I can't even get through this without crying. Give me a second to wipe my eyes so I can see....Okay, back now.)
I am so thankful for my beautiful girls. I cannot believe I have been blessed to be their Momma. They are the most amazing gifts in this world. They make me smile bigger, hurt deeper, and laugh harder than anyone or anything in this world. Abigail is the smartest kid I know. (Don't anybody take offense. She's mine, I can say that. :)) She amazes me every day with the things she says and does. She's such a funny combination of Justin and I, plus her own little (big!) personality thrown in there, too! She is beautiful and confident. She loves her little sister and her Hopper. She can count and read and dance and spin. She eats deer jerky with her chocolate milk for breakfast. She thinks that everybody loves her and her chickens. She believes in accessorizing for any occasion. She can (and will) argue with a post, and she will always win. She is my big girl, my snuggle bunny, my princess. I love her with all my heart.
I believe that ALL children are a miracle, sent straight from God. But I believe that Julianne is our special miracle, given what we went through after having Abigail. I did not know if we would be able to have another child, and I hoped and prayed so hard for this little girl. It was one of those hopes that you don't dare speak out loud, because it's too sacred. It was just before Thanksgiving last year that I found out I was pregnant, and I could barely contain myself!! And now look at my big ol' Chunky Monkey!! She had a bit of a rough start, and I worried at first that she'd always be skinny and orange, but my, how things have changed!! She is the sweetest, happiest baby I know! She can kick her chubby legs like nobody's business. She loves her big sister and snuggling on Momma's shoulder. She can light up a room with her dimpled smile. She eats green beans and squash like they're going out of style. She gives me sugar even without me asking, and she loves playing peek-a-boo with her Daddy. She is my baby girl, my snuggle bug, my princess. I love her with my whole heart.
I am thankful for so many other things in my life. I have been blessed beyond measure. I am thankful for my family, who has raised me and stood by me through thick and thin. I am thankful for my Momma, who will forever be my role model and inspiration. She taught me what it means to be a good Momma and showed me how to love. I miss her everyday. I am thankful for my Daddy. We have come a long way, and nothing warms my heart more than to see him playing with his girls. He is such a wonderful PawPaw. I am thankful for my sister. She is one of the very best people I know on this earth. She is patient and kind, gives of herself constantly, and is so very smart. She makes me so proud. She is the best sister, friend, and MyMy that anyone could ask for. I don't know what I'd ever do without her. I am thankful for the family I inherited when I married Justin. I am thankful for in-laws who love me and treat me as their own. I am thankful for friends made at different times in my life who will always be my family. I am thankful for my church family, who lifts me up and cares for me, and misses me when I'm away. I'm thankful for our little house, cramped though it is, because it keeps us dry and warm. I am thankful that I live in a tiny little place called Cole Central, where it's quiet and peaceful and safe. I will choose (at least for today!) to be thankful for my job, as hard as things may be right now, and as rough as they're still gonna get, because it helps put food on the table and clothes on our backs. I am very fortunate to have a job that pays well enough to have everything I need and many things I want, and I am blessed to work with some good people who can make the tough days a little easier. I am thankful for vehicles that get us where we need to go. I am thankful for a freezer full of meat and a refrigerator full of fresh eggs! I am thankful for the job Justin has and the family that we have gained there. I am thankful for bacon, Ranch dressing, chicken and dumplings, and sweet tea. I am thankful for flat irons, baggy pants, and ponytail holders. (See, there's always something to be thankful for!) I'm thankful for the trials that I have been through, because without the dark days, the sun wouldn't shine as bright. I am thankful for my freedom, and for all of those who sacrifice so that I can have all of these things to be thankful for. I am thankful for each of you who took the time to read this novel of thankfulness. It's certainly not an all-encompassing list, but it's after 3am, and I'd like to get a little more sleep before I have to get up for real and cook! I'm thankful that I am going to be rushing around today, because it means that I have more than one Thanksgiving to go to, and lots of family to visit with! I don't like that Justin's working, but I'm thankful for the holiday pay on next week's check.
Okay, okay, enough. But it's really hard to stop once you start being thankful. Counting your blessings is always a good way to lift your spirits, and maybe someone else's. I pray that each of you have a blessed Thanksgiving, and get to enjoy a day of family, food, and friends.
Lots of love from our home to yours!
No comments:
Post a Comment