Saturday, May 7, 2011

Overheard Today in a Wal-Mart Bathroom Stall...

As you may know, we are rockin' and rollin' with the potty training around this house, and no, I'm not talking about Justin...:)
Abigail has been doing well overall, with the (hopefully) typical good and not-so-good days.
Today, however, was the BEST day!!
We went to town today, and that's always kind of an adventure, especially with Momma getting bigger and more awkward! One of my biggest fears about potty training was using public toilets. I tend to avoid them at all costs myself, so I wasn't sure how I'd do taking my kid to them. But you do what you gotta do! We utilized the bathroom in Wal-Mart approximately 3 times in what should have been a relatively quick trip, but I just had to write down part of our little adventure so that I could remind someone of it when she gets a little older...:)
Apparently we weren't the only ones having potty issues, because all three times that we went to the bathroom, the same pair of shoes were parked in the next stall. (I hope they weren't dead--just thought of that.) On our last visit, what was to be a #2 situation, my child decided to talk:
Abigail: "Momma, are you a deer?"
Me: "No, honey. Now let's put some poop in the potty so we can finish shopping."
Abigail: "Are you a Momma deer?"
Me: "Yes, baby, I sure am. Are you gonna poop?"
Abigail: "I'm a grouchy baby deer."
Me: (silent hysterical laughter as I try not to fall on the dirty bathroom floor)
Abigail: "I'm a grouchy baby Abigail deer, Momma!"
Me: "Okay, honey. You sure are! Now let's poop in the potty, okay?"
Abigail: "I like for you to kill the deer, Momma. I love deer. I love to pet them in the woods."
Me: (hyperventilating) "You done? Okay, let's go!" (As I jerk her off the pot and run out the door. )
Pretty sure our neighbor will never forget her trip to WM today!!
I love my kid!! (And in case you didn't catch it, today was our first day with NO accidents!!)
Way to go, Abigail!! Momma is SO proud of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment