Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Party at PawPaw Jerry's!

We had a little pre-Easter shindig at PawPaw Jerry's the day before Easter, and we got to visit with lots of our Merryville/DeQuincy/Sweet Lake crew! It was a very fun day!

Miss Priss likes to put on her "makie" like Momma!
I always tell her that she is too beautiful for makie, but she insists!!
The Princess loves to dance!
(Thankfully she gets her rhythm from her Momma and doesn't dance like her Daddy...)
She was jammin' out to some George Jones (PawPaw's favorite) and Merle Haggard and put on quite the show for us!


Abigail was telling Granny what all the Easter Bunny was going to bring her!

Granny has to fix that pretty hair--can't stand for it to be in her eyes!!

This is quite possibly my favorite picture of all time. And the story behind it is even sweeter:
I was changing Abigail's diaper on MyMy's bed when she rolled over and saw this picture of Momma.
She looked at it, and with a big 'ol smile on her face said, "Hey, Memaw!"
I looked at Madeline and she looked at me, and we both had tears in our eyes.
I always talk to her about her Grandma and show her pictures, but I've never called her "Memaw" and she's never said it before. It was like she just knew exactly who that was. Even when she was little, she would sometimes stare off into space and just smile so sweetly.
I'd ask her if she was talking to her Grandma, and she would smile more.
I know Momma is watching over her sweet girl that is so much like her.
Makes my heart happy and sad all at the same time...

No comments:

Post a Comment