Abigail and I sent Daddy off to a Men's Fish Fry at church this afternoon so we could have a little "girl time" to ourselves! We did all sorts of girly stuff, like paint our toenails and ride around the pond on the 4-wheeler (hey, we are country girls, you know!). On one of our many passes through the pasture, I spotted some yellow wildflowers--some might call them weeds--across the road. I decided that we had to "pull a Sissy" and pull over to pick 'em.
And so we did...
Momma used to embarrass the mess out of Madeline and I when she would whip the 'Olds over and make us get out and help her pick wildflowers off the side of the road/highway/stranger's yard. She even carried around the clippers to do it!!
They would look like a pile of weeds in the back seat of the car, but by the time she got them arranged for church on Sunday, they were a professional bouquet.
I know I didn't do her justice, but I gave it a try!
Pretty!
ReplyDelete