Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Whew!!

The first thing I want to say is Thank You, Lord!!
Thank You for loving us, forgiving us, providing for us, and protecting us.
It has been a rough few days in our little world, but once again, God has been with us through everything. I am exhausted, drained, but most of all, I'm thankful!
This past weekend we had a great time at the Read Reunion (or "meryoonyun", as Abigail called it!)!! She got to play with lots of her cousins and aunts and uncles, and of course, PawPaw Jerry! We enjoyed visiting and catching up, eating and laughing with everyone! It was a busy but fun weekend, and we're looking forward to next year already!!
And then we got home Sunday afternoon. It was 103.5 outside, and 94.3 in our living room.
Yep, the A/C went out.
I can't begin to tell you how hot it is in and around my body when it's 103.5 outside. YIKES!!!
Since no one wants to fix air conditioners (much less answer their phones) on a Sunday evening, we made do. Thankfully, we had one window unit for our bedroom, and Nana and PawPaw let us borrow theirs for the living room until we could come up with a more permanent solution.
Monday morning, the A/C man came and confirmed what we already suspected--the outside unit was shot. Fried. No good. Not fixable. Lovely.
Trying to make the best of a not-so-great situation, we began to get ready for a trip to Lake Charles for another doctor's appointment for Julianne.
Unfortunately for me, that included feeding Hopper some scraps.
Now, those of you who know me well (or know me any at all) know that I am not nearly as graceful as my Granny always wanted me to be. Long story short, I sort of fell off the back steps. But before I did that, I slammed into the side of the house a few times trying to catch myself. (Didn't work.) I didn't land on my belly, but I'm pretty sure Miss Priss was a tad shaken up in there. We went on to the doctor that afternoon at 1:00 for my regular appointment. She fussed at me for not coming in earlier, but then told me to monitor her movements and call if there were any changes or problems. When she didn't move for several hours Monday night and again Tuesday morning, I got pretty worried. We headed back to Lake Charles yesterday morning, and they put me on a monitor at the hospital for a few hours to make sure everything was okay. Everything looked good and she finally started moving like normal again--Praise the Lord!!
I guess she figured she'd give me a scare like I did to her on Monday. Little Stinker!!
It has been a very emotional few days here, and we've all been pretty stressed out, but we're so thankful that our littlest princess is just fine in there! Now, if she'll continue to cooperate, we'll get to meet her on July 11th!!

No comments:

Post a Comment