Saturday, June 26, 2010

Watermelons!

We've had a very busy week this week--seems like the days flew by!!

Thursday night, we went to help PawPaw and Uncle Dane pull
watermelons out at Mr. Grady's field! It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun, too!
I don't think any of us had a dry thread on when we got done!

Bringing 'em in!

Doesn't she look exhausted?!
It's hard work making sure those watermelons don't roll off the trailer!

Taking in the first load!
We probably pulled around 200 total that night.

Miss Priss and PawPaw taking a break!
She was telling him all about the moon!

2 comments:

  1. I want some watermelons!!! Claire loves them. What do you with with them all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin's Uncle Dane plants them every year to sell. We went to help him pull them this year--a lot of work, but a lot of fun, too!! Can't beat those Sugartown watermelons! I'd ship you some if I thought they'd last...

    ReplyDelete